Author Topic: Cold weather  (Read 237 times)

trapper brad

• Firewood hoarder
    • View Profile
Cold weather
« on: February 14, 2021, 10:46:19 PM »
Hope everyone has plenty of wood or other means of heat. It's 10* here now and not going to warm up much.sure am enjoying this Buck stove.
Not the best, not the worst; but I'll be there.

WoreOutTrapper

• View Profile
Re: Cold weather
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 11:27:55 PM »
Having to get by with electric. It was too cold to cut wood today.

trapper brad

• Firewood hoarder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 07:08:14 AM »
I here that!
Not the best, not the worst; but I'll be there.

Namvet

• one shot=one kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2021, 09:07:52 AM »
Hope everyone has plenty of wood or other means of heat. It's 10* here now and not going to warm up much.sure am enjoying this Buck stove.
Same here, 10* ang snowing; hope this crap gets gone from here!
John D. Stiles

Jhenry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2021, 05:16:25 PM »
Terrible here today ,, so far no frozen pipes thanks good Lord we all need help next few days ,, Amen
Thank you Lord for all our many blessings

Namvet

• one shot=one kill
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2021, 10:29:05 AM »
Terrible here today ,, so far no frozen pipes thanks good Lord we all need help next few days ,, Amen
Nothing froze house related...all water troughs froze solid, having to tote bucets of water trudging throug snow drifts...twice a day! My feets are killing me and I'm inside now!
John D. Stiles

Jhenry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2021, 12:43:15 PM »
Still no frozen pipes I may just make it thru this

sparkie444

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 01:24:11 PM »
I counted up and here little ice on the 20th Jan. I know that because it is when we got our first Cv19 shots then the second shots on Feb 10th.-- I have counted 4" then 2" then another 4" That if my math is right is 10" with 10 + days under 32* ---I'm ready for it to be gone. :)

Jhenry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 05:53:49 PM »
No busted pipes for me at either of my places

Sam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 07:12:59 PM »
Came through it in good shape, never lost power or water. Our local water system is having huge problem with busted water mains, frozen meter and people with so many leaks the pumps can't keep up. I live on the low side of the system so I've still got water, but pressure is getting low and we're under a boil order. The wife fed the birds, I threw out some corn everyday in 4 places for the deer and I kept a propane heater going in my shop for my 2 dogs. I own no other livestock and don't want to. After making a living with cows for so long, the only place I want to see one now is on a plate. I'm ever so grateful I wasn't trying to keep a dairy barn and a few hundred cows going through this.

WoreOutTrapper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2021, 08:30:26 PM »
Lost a couple of bantams and some of my bigger roosters will lose their combs but everything else seems to be okay. Heard of some folks losing cows falling through ice on a pond.

jackiereed

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 08:37:48 PM »
I made a big loop today thru the woods.  There's a ton of dead everything.  Hawks owls coon dillers possom nutria. Ducks dead and froze setting up like their swimming.  Seen where several deer had fell thru the ice on the bayou.  Just gods way of thinning the herd. And around here it needed thinned.

sparkie444

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 06:56:33 PM »
 Sure looks and feels better out there today---I never lost power or water.
 Being born here in the town I lived in and with in 5 miles all of my 70 years---I never seen it snow when the temp. is 8* to 15* not like this and stay under 32 so long. Here about as far east as you can get in Craighead county we get our snow 25* to 32* and it is a wet snow and most time not so much. ---I have seen snow drift's in a road where I had to go out in the field to get around it and I rolled down the window in my jeep and patted the snow level with my window this was prob. in the late 70ds to early 80ds. Yep and I did have those buckshot mudders on the jeep. From there I drove another 1/2 mile down the county road with the snow about one and a haft foot deep in the road where I seen a man walking down his long drive way about 500 yards from the road I was on. We met about the same time and he said he was sure glad we came down this road because they were snowed in for several days. I did find out later that I was in tooooo deep snow because it liked to have pushed the the lower part of my raideator back to far. I was just taking the wife and to girls out for a drive. and the girls still remember this today. I do have this time one kinda large snow drift by one building that I would put at 3 feet tall.--All the best to you and yours.