Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 266 times)

Sam

• View Profile
Dogs
« on: January 29, 2021, 05:09:25 PM »
How about some pictures of our running buddies.

These two make just about every step I do. Black one is Dixie, a 6 year old Catahoula. The red one is Rosie, Dixie's pup. She's 4 years old and 1/2 Catahoula, 1/4 Mt Cur and 1/4 Bulldog. They tip the scales at right around 90 pounds each. Nothing moves within about 250yards or so of the house that they don't know about. My daughter's house is 1/4 mile behind mine and if a vehicle goes down their driveway these two will meet it there. They're everyone's friend in the daytime, but after dark you'd better be on a first name basis with them. Both the dogs are attached to me, my son and son in law, but best I can tell we are supposed to take care of ourselves. I truly don't know just how bad it would be if someone threated my wife, daughter or either of my grandsons, but I seen enough of their reactions to strangers around them that it wouldn't be pretty. If there is a snake around and one of us grown guys see it and call the dogs, they look at it and walk off. If the wife, daughter or grandsons are around they will tear the snake to shreds.

duckman

• View Profile
Re: Dogs
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2021, 06:35:54 PM »
Thats exactly the way dogs should act!!

Jhenry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2021, 09:24:59 PM »
My lab died a while back but I will get a pic of my daughters border collie they go hiking about everyday
Thank you Lord for all our many blessings

jackiereed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2021, 09:48:17 PM »
Toots

sparkie444

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 10:02:44 PM »
Good doggy. Nice

TradArcher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2021, 01:45:45 PM »
Here?s my hunting buddy. Well he?s my buddy unless he doesn?t obey and and follows me to the woods and runs off all the deer.   77  But he does like to run rabbits for me, and one time held down a button buck, that I made a bad shot on, while I finished the job with my knife.
He?s also not afraid of hard work. He will lay right down next to it and go to sleep.😆
If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be nation gone under ~ Ronald Reagan

Jhenry

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2021, 07:15:06 PM »
What you trying get him to do run the tiller for ya?
Thank you Lord for all our many blessings

TradArcher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2021, 08:58:45 AM »
What you trying get him to do run the tiller for ya?
If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be nation gone under ~ Ronald Reagan